Small Business Coaching Services: 4 Steps to Validating Your New Business Idea
This coaching service is all about validating and helping you to evaluate, test and refine your idea for going into business for yourself. This could be a part-time pursuit for putting a little extra money in your pocket or a full-time (let’s knock-the-socks-off the competition) business opportunity. The value of participating in this coaching service is being sure that whatever your new business idea is, you know you can do it, you will enjoy it and you will make money at it.
This is a great choice if you…
- Have a new business idea and want to validate it before spending a lot of time and money to figure this out
- Want to start a business as a supplement to other sources of income
- Need to consider owning your own business as a way to earn a living
- Prefer to own your own business over working for someone else
- Want to become an independent contractor
By signing up for this coaching service, you will…
- Build upon defining your product/service offering
- Identify potential new customers that need or want this offering
- Test out different ideas for getting someone to buy what you have to offer
- Refine your ideas by learning from what doesn’t work and building upon what does
- Develop a solid understanding of how much money you can earn selling what you offer to those who want it
Step 1: What am I selling?This 1-hour coaching session provides a platform for thinking about what you are selling from multiple different viewpoints. It’s about defining your new business idea in a way that gives you confidence that you can do it, will enjoy it and will make money at it. This is a hands-on process of developing your offering, whether it is a service-based offering, a product or a combination of both. The agenda is specific to focusing on what you offer from the following perspectives:
- What am I selling?
- Who wants to buy it?
- Why would they want to buy it?
- How much money do I want to make doing this?
As a result of participating in this coaching session you will have a comprehensive idea of what you want to sell, who wants to buy it and why, and how much money you have the potential of earning by doing it.
Step 2: Who are my customers?This 1-hour coaching session builds upon your progress in Step 1 by further examining who you think will buy the product or service that you offer. It’s about validating your new business idea by developing a solid understanding of who your customers are. This is an interactive exercise of putting yourself in your customer’s shoes to identify what they want and how you can deliver it. The session agenda includes productively addressing:
- What is it that my product/service satisfies?
- Who possesses the interest or need for this product/offering?
- Why do they possess this interest or need?
- Where do I find these people?
- How many of them are there?
- How can I produce (or deliver) it so that they’d want to buy from me?
As a result of participating in this coaching session you will possess a solid understanding of who your potential customers are and how you can fully satisfy their interests and needs.
Step 3: How will I get someone to buy from me?This 1-hour coaching session builds upon your progress in Steps 1 and 2 by taking what you offer, finding someone who needs it, and making a sale. It’s about accessing your new business idea in real-world application. Few small businesses require an extensive front-end investment of time and money before the concept can be validated at some level. This session will provide you with an action strategy for making a sale including:
- Where can I find a real customer?
- How can I appeal to them to order what I have to offer?
- What do I have to do to fulfill this order?
- What did I learn from this process?
As a result of participating in this coaching session you will have firsthand knowledge and experience in the foundation concepts of succeeding in business. This includes knowing who your customers are, what they want, how you can satisfy this want, at what price, and at what level of profit.
Step 4: How can I turn this into a viable business?This 1-hour coaching session builds upon your progress in Steps 1, 2 and 3 by taking what you’ve learned and developing a process to repeat it over and over again. It’s about fine-tuning your new business idea by repeating what works and moving away from what doesn’t. This session will provide you with a strategy for producing (delivering) and selling more of what you offer while making a profit at it. This process encompasses the following topics:
- How efficient was the process of making a sale?
- How can I improve upon this process?
- What will these improvements cost?
- What will these improvements yield in return?
- What type of business model does this all represent?
As a result of participating in this coaching session you will possess a solid understanding of what it takes to turn your business idea in a viable business operation, whether part-time or full-time – the choice is yours.
Coaching Materials & Processes
The above coaching services include the use of interactive exercises, worksheets and hands-on application of business skills developed. Coaching sessions are supplemented by an additional four hours of telephone and/or email coaching to support progress through each Step.
The prerequisite for this coaching service is a business idea and a passion for building upon it as a way to generate income and support quality of life objectives. This includes hands-on application of building upon your product or service concept, interacting with a potential customer and testing out the selling process.
You may sign up for the 4 Steps to Validating Your Business Idea à la carte or as a complete coaching package.
50% payment at time of registration and balance at Step 1 coaching session
|Package/Course Payment Description||Availability||Price|
|4 Steps to Validating Your Business Idea||By appointment||$995.00 USD (Save $100 over à la carte)|
|à la carte/Course Payment Description||Availability||Price|
|Validating Your Business Idea: Step 1, What am I selling?||By appointment||$240.00 USD|
|Validating Your Business Idea: Step 2, Who are my customers?||By appointment||$260.00 USD|
|Validating Your Business Idea: Step 3, How will I get someone to buy from me?||By appointment||$320.00 USD|
|Validating Your Business Idea: Step 4, How can I turn this into a viable business?||By appointment||$275.00 USD|
Tell Me More…
Got questions? Use our contact form to submit your questions or call us at 603.658.0340, ext. 5#.
“Genius is often revealed through purposeful engagement and continuous effort.” – Anonymous