Facilitative vs. Directive Counseling Techniques
This program trains staff in empowering clients to take more of a leadership role in defining their employment and quality of life objectives in ways that lead to purposeful engagement in fulfilling programmatic requirements.
This is a great choice if your agency is…
- Experiencing challenges in getting Customers to engage and remain engaged in participating in agency employment support services
- Seeking to enhance staff capacity to empower and engage clients
- Suffering from high caseload-to-staff ratios
- Looking to improve client experiences and outcomes
- Enhance productive case closure rates and performance outcomes
By signing up for this training program, you will…
- Provide staff with the capacity and tools to empower client purposeful engagement
- Improve the client experience from start-to-finish in the service lifecycle
- Minimize client service delivery expenses while maximizing client outcomes
- Quantify and validate client services ROI
In Part 1 of this training program, counselors will learn how to view a case from the client’s perspective and answer the question, “what’s in it for me?” for the client.
In Part 2, counselors will learn techniques for guiding their clients to identify their goals based on their own interests and strengths.
Here counselors will learn how to introduce clients to additional resources that they can rely on in the future as part of their support network.
Part 4 introduces best practices for easing clients into an action plan, giving examples of how to guide and offer support in a facilitative manner.
Part 5 emphasizes the importance of celebrating success as counselors track and monitor their clients’ progress through a program.
In Part 6, counselors will learn best practices for closing a case on a positive note and ensuring strong relationships that can be leveraged as an example of alumni success for future clients.
Coaching Materials & Processes
This training program includes a Staff Guide to Facilitative Counseling along with interactive exercises and resources for facilitating client engagement and desired outcomes.
Tell Me More…
Got questions? We’ve got answers. Please use our contact form to submit your questions or call us at 603.658.0340, ext. 2. Thank you.